The Lakeland Chamber of Commerce’s Education Committee will align with Lakeland Vision’s Education Committee to address the priorities set by the Lakeland Vision Board of Directors which include:
- Monitor effects of growth on Lakeland area schools
- If school rezoning is proposed, work closely with Polk County School Board staff and Lakeland Vision’s Community Engagement Committee advocate to support citizen involvement.
- Continue to educate the public and assist in managing the message about our Lakeland schools and education option
- Focus on community support of Lakeland schools
This joint committee will together look at the goals within the community Vision which include:
- Supporting education through collaboration with the community at large
- Supporting quality programs and curriculum that prepare students for success in college, vocations, etc.
- Life-long training opportunities
- School readiness
- Strong partnerships with higher education
The LV & LCOC Education Committee is led by Dr. Sallie Stone (Lakeland Vision) & Leon Battle (Lakeland Chamber) and will hold it’s initial meeting on Wednesday, August 22nd at 10:00 a.m. at The Well. Anyone interested in joining the committee can reach out to Laura Rodriguez, Exec. Director of Lakeland Vision at firstname.lastname@example.org.