Lakeland Vision Annual Board Retreat – April 20th
The Lakeland Vision Board of Directors will meet on Thursday, April 20th for their annual board planning retreat. The retreat will focus on “Lifelong Education in Lakeland” and include an interactive panel discussion with leaders representing different levels of educational opportunities in our community.
- Dr. Lauren Albaum – Florida Southern College – Career Development and Continuing Education
- Ms. Takiyah Dixon – The Lakeland Chamber of Commerce – Talent Development and Economy/Jobs
- Mr. Fred Heid – Polk County Public Schools Superintendent – K-12
- Dr. Marc Hutek – Early Learning Coalition of Polk County
- Lakeland Vision Board Members
What does our citizen’s Vision call for in relation to Education?
Funding and Community Support
Lakeland will support quality education through collaboration among schools, businesses, and other institutions in the community.
Programs and Curriculum
Lakeland will support quality curriculum, teaching, mentoring and hands-on experiences to prepare students to succeed in college, in vocations, the workforce, and in life.
Our educational community will offer life-long training opportunities for an ever-changing job market.
Lakeland will prepare every child to succeed.
Higher and Continuing Education
Lakeland will create strong partnerships with its colleges and universities.
Continued community input is always welcome. Citizens can share their thoughts and/or be involved by reaching out to Laura Rodriguez – email@example.com.