Lakeland Vision Nominating Committee Meeting – September 18th
The Lakeland Vision Nominating Committee was approved at the August board meeting and consists of Matt Schichtel, Chair, Kyle Fedler, Ramona Blankinship and Diretta Wilcox. The committee is scheduled to hold their first meeting on Wednesday, September 18th at 11:30 a.m. at Mitchell’s Coffee House. The Nominating Committee is accepting recommendations for new board members for the 2020-2022 board term. Please feel free to send recommendations to Laura Rodriguez at Lrodriguez@lakelandvision.org.
Nomination to the Board is recognition of an individual’s interest in community improvement, professional background, diversity, and scope of influence, to affect the breadth and depth of Lakeland Vision’s impact on the community.
• Attendance at one board meeting each month (currently 1st Thursday at 8:30 a.m.)
o Typically, the board does not meet in January and July.
• Participation in an annual ½-day board retreat, typically in April or May, and replacing a board meeting.
• Notification to the executive director if you need to miss a meeting. By-laws allow 2 absences per year.
• Familiarity with Lakeland’s Vision Document, available on the website/board binder.
• Familiarity with the organization’s history, mission and bylaws
• Engagement in board discussions and committees in your areas of professional expertise and interest.
• Assistance connecting with contacts in your sphere of influence when opportunities arise.
• Identify at least one committee or board office with which to become engaged.