Lakeland Vision & Lakeland Chamber of Commerce Joint Education Committee
The Lakeland Chamber of Commerce’s Education Committee will align with Lakeland Vision’s Education Committee to address the priorities set by the Lakeland Vision Board of Directors which include:
- Monitor effects of growth on Lakeland area schools
- If school rezoning is proposed, work closely with Polk County School Board staff and Lakeland Vision’s Community Engagement Committee advocate to support citizen involvement.
- Continue to educate the public and assist in managing the message about our Lakeland schools and education option
- Focus on community support of Lakeland schools
This joint committee will together look at the goals within the community Vision which include:
- Supporting education through collaboration with the community at large
- Supporting quality programs and curriculum that prepare students for success in college, vocations, etc.
- Life-long training opportunities
- School readiness
- Strong partnerships with higher education
The LV & LCOC Education Committee is led by Dr. Sallie Stone (Lakeland Vision) & Leon Battle (Lakeland Chamber) and will hold it’s initial meeting on Wednesday, August 22nd at 10:00 a.m. at The Well. Anyone interested in joining the committee can reach out to Laura Rodriguez, Exec. Director of Lakeland Vision at email@example.com.